Please note as of November 1, 2015 the U.S. Customs Office has a new location: 100 First Street S. (on the corner of First Street and Spring Street)
When visiting Friday Harbor by recreational vessel from Canada or any other foreign port one of the following is required upon arrival into the United States:
- U.S., Canadian, or other Passport that denotes identity and citizenship
- U.S. Passport Card
- Enhanced Driver’s License (when and where available)
- Nexus Card
- I-68 Permit
All persons on board are required to clear through U.S. Customs. The U.S. Customs dock is located on the front face on the northern end of Breakwater ‘B’. (Click here for map) There is 300’ of lineal side tie space available for tie-up.
Once dockside, a phone is provided to call the local U.S. Customs office. At that time an agent will come down and meet the vessel. Only the captain of the vessel should disembark, all other passengers should remain on board. Under certain circumstances the captain may be asked to report directly to the U.S. Customs office, passengers and other crew must still wait on board.
If participating in the Nexus or I-68 programs you may report your arrival into U.S. waters by calling 1-800-562-5943. You will need the following information on hand when calling:
- Name, date of birth, and citizenship of all persons on board (including passport number);
- Name of the boat and/or registration number;
- CBP user fee decal number (if 30 feet or longer);
- Homeport and current location;
- Return contact number;
- Trusted Traveler document info readily available (i.e. I-68, Nexus, BR#)
For more information regarding U.S. Customs Clearance or the Nexus & I-68 programs please go to www.cbp.gov.
For local U.S. Customs & Border Protection office in Friday Harbor please call 360-378-2080.