The Friday Harbor Airport (Airport) is establishing a new overall goal for Disadvantaged Business Enterprise (DBE) participation in its federally-funded Capital Improvement Projects scheduled in federal fiscal years (FY) 2022-2024. This includes consultation with general contractor groups, community organizations, and other officials or organizations which could be expected to have information concerning the availability of disadvantaged and non-disadvantaged businesses, the effects of discrimination on opportunities for DBE’s, and assist the Airport’s efforts to establish a level playing field for the participation of DBEs.
Below is a list of the anticipated contracts that will receive federal support over the next 3 years:
Contracts Fiscal Year #1 (2022)
- Northwest Hangar Taxilane Construction and Hangar Demolition – Construction
- Environmental Review for FY 2023 Development Projects
Contracts Fiscal Year #2 (2023)
- Runway 16/34 Drainage Improvements –Design and Construction
- Snow Removal Equipment Building – Design and Construction
- South Hangar Development Site Preparation, Apron Construction, and Hangar Building – Design, and Construction
- Aircraft Fueling System – Design and Construction
- Southwest Airfield Development Area – Environmental Review
Contracts Fiscal Year #3 (2024)
- Southwest Airfield Development Area Hangar Taxilane, Hangar Buildings, Relocate Access Road – Design and Construction
Planning projects include an update of the Airport’s Master Plan, general airport planning, and environmental review.
Airfield projects include civil, electrical, and building construction and may include asphalt, concrete, lighting, earthwork, trucking, airport/utility electrical, pavement markings, security, traffic/gate control, fencing, buildings, and engineering.
A videoconference meeting is scheduled for Tuesday June 28, 2022 at 10:00 am to review the goal setting process and solicit input from interested parties. The videoconference which can be accessed at:
Zoom link: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/84394618480?pwd=lQEuAHtSwIZz3F7jk0_Msy_vf9g2h0.1;
Meeting ID: 843 9461 8480;
Dial‑in: (253) 215 8782,
Meeting ID: 843 9461 8480,
All interested parties are welcome. Bidders on projects are encouraged to seek out and use small businesses in their project work.